Forums

Acc consignment chapter

Accountancy

Y are putting insurance co..admitted in cr side I did not understand bec....... As per I learned insurance company given money for goods lost means as pee consignment chapter we will post the entry by INSURANCE Company admitted. In congniee account only .... But here y are you putting on consignment ??????

bfc7a4fa-fc6d-44ea-9882-233fb089680f.jpg

Balachandar S

Balachandar S

CA Inter

59K+

12-Oct-21 20:41

Answers (8)

There are different ways to treat loss. We have covered the logic in class. One option is to credit consignment account with the total abnormal loss portion and create a separate abnormal loss account. The second approach is to credit consignment account with insurance claim portion and net abnormal portion

CA Suraj Lakhotia

CA Suraj Lakhotia

Admin

12-Oct-21 21:11

Sir so I can go INSURANCE Company admitted in consignee it os possible

Balachandar S

Balachandar S

CA Inter

59K+

12-Oct-21 21:42

CA Suraj Lakhotia Admin

There are different ways to treat loss. We have covered the logic in class. One option is to credit consignment account with the total abnormal loss portion and create a separate abnormal loss account. The second approach is to credit consignment account with insurance claim portion and net abnormal portion

In exam point of view in consignments q came means .... Let say. Goods lost in transit in consignment for that insurance company said to consignor we will give the money later on like that ..... For that the consignor will do the entry in abnormal loss acc....consignor will credit it, by Insurance company admitted..... This entry is crt or not this is my query can you tell me sir One more question but in above question y they are made a entry by insurance company 35000 in consignment acc .... in cr side how that part can you explain me pls pls sir I did not understand that part pls explaiin sir

Balachandar S

Balachandar S

CA Inter

59K+

14-Oct-21 11:11

Balachandar S

Sir pls clarify me

Total abnormal loss is credited to Consignment account and debited to abnormal loss account. Amount admitted by insurance company - Dr. Insurance company and credit abnormal loss account Balancec transferred to profit and loss account. This has been explained in classes Also in the videos shared above.

CA Suraj Lakhotia

CA Suraj Lakhotia

Admin

15-Oct-21 11:22

Individual Modules Offer
SM Marathon Part- 2 with Suraj Sir! YT Live
AFM Marathon
Adv Acc