Forums

GTA concept

Indirect Taxation

GTA is applicable to only intra state movement of goods IS THIS STAMENT IS CORRECT R NOT

Dimple Keziya

Dimple Keziya

CA Inter

4K+

07-Mar-20 09:03

Answers (11)

Can you elaborate your doubt?

CA Suraj Lakhotia

CA Suraj Lakhotia

Admin

07-Mar-20 11:12

I can surely say that Goods transport agency concept of paying gst is applicable only for the intra state movement of goods but not inter movement of goods (IS THIS STATEMENT IS TRUE OR FLASE)

Dimple Keziya

Dimple Keziya

CA Inter

4K+

07-Mar-20 18:05

Dimple Keziya

I can surely say that Goods transport agency concept of paying gst is applicable only for the intra state movement of goods but not inter movement of goods (IS THIS STATEMENT IS TRUE OR FLASE)

goods transport agency services are exempt from GST however these are taxable on reverse charge basis only for specified persons . It could also be on forward charge basis if GTA opts to pay tax @ 12%

Rajath Tumma

Rajath Tumma

CA Inter

2K+

07-Mar-20 20:02

Once u analyze negative list ie shedule 3 of gst and answer to the question

Dimple Keziya

Dimple Keziya

CA Inter

4K+

08-Mar-20 06:39

Rajath Tumma

goods transport agency services are exempt from GST however these are taxable on reverse charge basis only for specified persons . It could also be on forward charge basis if GTA opts to pay tax @ 12%

And also GTA is exempt only for unregistered individual and taxable for where the person is a specified recipient and person definition covers every thing

Dimple Keziya

Dimple Keziya

CA Inter

4K+

08-Mar-20 06:43

Dimple Keziya

Once u analyze negative list ie shedule 3 of gst and answer to the question

If you are talking about the 4th point of negative list, it actually talks about TRANSPORTATION OF DECEASED , apart from this point I didn't find any other thing which relates to GTA

Rajath Tumma

Rajath Tumma

CA Inter

2K+

08-Mar-20 07:11

In conveyance for such supply of inter movement of goods is not supply then GTA CONCEPT deals with the transportation of goods of what

Dimple Keziya

Dimple Keziya

CA Inter

4K+

09-Mar-20 15:35

CA Suraj Lakhotia Admin

Sir I need answer from your side

Dimple Keziya

Dimple Keziya

CA Inter

4K+

09-Mar-20 15:36

CA Suraj Lakhotia Admin

Also

Dimple Keziya

Dimple Keziya

CA Inter

4K+

09-Mar-20 15:36

GTA includes both Inter-state and Intra-state movement of goods. so the statement was incorrect.

KEERTHI PRIYA

KEERTHI PRIYA

CA Inter

11-May-20 19:13

CFA Webinar
ibs launch
Tally + Excel Free