Forums

IRR

Financial Management

When I calculate IRR by interpolation , the answer which I get and in the book is quite different. For example if I get the answer as 12.86% book shows the answer ad 12.42%. I have taken present value factor for any discounting factor up to 3 decimal places. Is this difference due to approximation of PVF? And Upto what difference In IRR rate considered permissible from exam point of view.

MAHITHA SENTHIL KUMAR

MAHITHA SENTHIL KUMAR

CA Final

24-Jun-20 10:04

Answers (5)

Yes it could be due to approximation of PVAF. Approximation after 3 decimals is ok for exam

Sriram Somayajula

Sriram Somayajula

Admin

24-Jun-20 11:47

Sriram Somayajula Admin

Yes it could be due to approximation of PVAF. Approximation after 3 decimals is ok for exam

Thanks sir

MAHITHA SENTHIL KUMAR

MAHITHA SENTHIL KUMAR

CA Final

24-Jun-20 15:36

If I take PVF upto 4 decimal places, in book in most of the cases they have considered upto 3 decimal places only. In that case will I still be awarded mark for it. As my answer might slightly differ from book answer due to approximation

MAHITHA SENTHIL KUMAR

MAHITHA SENTHIL KUMAR

CA Final

24-Jun-20 15:46

MAHITHA SENTHIL KUMAR

If I take PVF upto 4 decimal places, in book in most of the cases they have considered upto 3 decimal places only. In that case will I still be awarded mark for it. As my answer might slightly differ from book answer due to approximation

In most cases, PV factor would be given in exams. Also the approximation depends on the rate which you choose. the formula which you use for IRR is an approximation tool.

CA Suraj Lakhotia

CA Suraj Lakhotia

Admin

24-Jun-20 15:57

CFA Webinar
ibs launch
Tally + Excel Free