Forums

Indian contract act 1872-sec 15,16,17,18,20,21,22

Corporate & Other Laws

If there is absent of free consent , in which circumstances we are able to claim damages. In videos they don't mention it .

Balaji R

Balaji R

CA Inter

6K+

17-Oct-20 09:39

Answers (8)

I have only the knowledge , in case of fraud the aggrieved party can able to claim damages . But in misrepresentation the aggrieved party cannot able to claim damages ...what are the answers for other three...

Balaji R

Balaji R

CA Inter

6K+

17-Oct-20 10:31

When a contract is caused by coercion, fraud or misrepresentation is voidable at the option of other party. In case of undue influence, court can set aside the contract. In all these cases, the aggrived party have an option to use civil/criminal laws to claim damages.

CA Suraj Lakhotia

CA Suraj Lakhotia

Admin

17-Oct-20 15:00

CA Suraj Lakhotia Admin

When a contract is caused by coercion, fraud or misrepresentation is voidable at the option of other party. In case of undue influence, court can set aside the contract. In all these cases, the aggrived party have an option to use civil/criminal laws to claim damages.

Ok sir...what is the meaning for " court may set aside the contract "??.. I can't able to understand this concept ,sir...in video also mam not explain this concept ,sir....she said only , contract which is caused by undue influence is voidable at the option of the aggrieved party ... nothing told more than this , sir...

Balaji R

Balaji R

CA Inter

6K+

17-Oct-20 19:03

Balaji R

In what sence , sir "civil/criminal law"?

Civil law deals with non-criminal cases. Criminal law deals with criminal cases. For e.g. Indian Penal Code. It is outside the scope of your study.

CA Suraj Lakhotia

CA Suraj Lakhotia

Admin

18-Oct-20 08:30

CA Suraj Lakhotia Admin

Court may set aside means court may cancel.

Sir ,in voidable contracts which is induced by undue influence , the aggrieved party has tow options , one is continue and other is resind the contract ... In these case how will court set aside the contract , sir ...this is my doubt ,sir...I know the meaning of " set aside the contract ".

Balaji R

Balaji R

CA Inter

6K+

19-Oct-20 10:16

Individual Modules Offer
AFM Marathon