Forums

Logistics vs Sipply Chain Management (SCM)

Strategic Management

In the study mat there are given 7 steps in SCM: ��Product development ��Procurement ��Manufacturing ��Physical Distribution ��Outsourcing ��Customer Service ��Performance Measurement Logistics is a part of SCM, I know. But my question is which of the above activities are NOT part of logistics?

Kumarjit Dey

Kumarjit Dey

CA Inter

4K+

15-Nov-20 09:17

Answers (6)

Best Answer

Logistics deals only with physical movement of goods. So Procurement, Manufacturing, Customer Service etc are out.

CA Suraj Lakhotia

CA Suraj Lakhotia

Admin

15-Nov-20 11:38

I feel " is logistic management same as supply chain management?" Is a very important question from exam point of view. So please answer. I want to know this

Kumarjit Dey

Kumarjit Dey

CA Inter

4K+

15-Nov-20 09:29

Also another thing. Under SCM (in pg 6.19) it is written: " it encompasses all movement of storage of raw materials, work in process inventory and finished goods from point of origin to point of consumption. Again under Logistics Management (pg 6.20) it is written: " Logistic management can be termed as one of SCM's part that is related to planning, implementing and controlling the movement and storage of goods or services and related information between the point of origin and the point of consumption." So what the difference? I am confused.

Kumarjit Dey

Kumarjit Dey

CA Inter

4K+

15-Nov-20 09:32

CA Suraj Lakhotia Admin

Logistics deals only with physical movement of goods. So Procurement, Manufacturing, Customer Service etc are out.

How come product development and performance measurement included then?

Kumarjit Dey

Kumarjit Dey

CA Inter

4K+

15-Nov-20 16:37

Individual Modules Offer
FR Reporting