Forums

Management & administration

Corporate & Other Laws

Can chairman of the meeting & chairman of the company is different?

Sumita Shah

Sumita Shah

CA Inter

2K+

20-Jan-22 21:26

Answers (4)

I will tell you what I know,you can take it to leave it it's up to you The chairman of the company knows about all the information,ideas,strategies and improving the company But the chairman of the meeting knows the information about the specific goal, prons and cons, aim etc of the specific meeting So according to me,it is better to have different chairman for both company and meeting

A?l??

A?l??

CA Foundation

20-Jan-22 22:43

They can be same or different. As per Sec 104, members personally present at the meeting shall elect one of themselves to be the Chairman / Chairperson

Sahibdeep Singh

Sahibdeep Singh

CA Inter

14K+

21-Jan-22 10:10

Sahibdeep Singh

They can be same or different. As per Sec 104, members personally present at the meeting shall elect one of themselves to be the Chairman / Chairperson

If members personally elect chairman among themselves then every chairman of the meeting shall be different?(not one person shall be chairman of all the meeting)

Sumita Shah

Sumita Shah

CA Inter

2K+

21-Jan-22 12:32

Sumita Shah

If members personally elect chairman among themselves then every chairman of the meeting shall be different?(not one person shall be chairman of all the meeting)

May or may not be. They may elect same person every time or they may elect different person

Sahibdeep Singh

Sahibdeep Singh

CA Inter

14K+

22-Jan-22 11:23

Individual Modules Offer
AFM Marathon