IndigoLearn

Forums

Managment and adminstration

Mam, i have 2 doubts. 1) can a proxy reprasenting a share holder having 5% votes + another shareholder having 15% votes demand for poll 2) who appoints scrutinizer?? >BOD or chairman.


Star Ca

Star Ca

CA Inter

3K+

01-May-20

67

Answers (2)

(1) Proxy can represent max 50 shareholders or upto 10% voting rights. In case shareholder having more than 10% votes, the proxy of such person cannot be proxy of any other shareholder. Section 105 Therefore, In this case proxy can represent either the member with 5% votes or the member with 15% votes. In case such proxy is proxy of member having 15% votes, then poll can be demanded (because poll can be demanded by proxy representing 10% or more voting power- section 109). Whereas, proxy of member having only 5% voting power cannot demand poll alone. (2) In case of Poll (section 109) - scrutinizer appointed by chairman In case of postal ballot (section 108) and e mode voting (section 110)- scrutinizer appointed by BOD


CA YOGITA HARJANI

CA YOGITA HARJANI

Faculty

04-May-20

Thank you mam, clearly understood ð???.


Thread Starter

Star Ca

Star Ca

CA Inter

3K+

04-May-20

Inter Testimonials
Testimonials CA Foundation July 21
Excel Launch
Study Planner
Business Law - CA Foundation
Fundamentals of Blockchain
Quote
Financial Modelling
Refer
EMI
Past_Exams
Tally + Excel Free
Tally Prime