Forums

PRIMARY MEMORY - ROM

Information Systems

SIR ROM IS GENERALLY LOW CAPASITY OF 4MB-8MB RIGHT? THEN WHY THE MANUFACTURES OF DEVICES WRITE LIKE --> RAM 4GB ROM 64GB IS ROM AND INTERNAL STORAGE ARE SAME, BECAUSE IN COMMON WE SAY THE INTERNAL STORAGE OF THE PHONE IS 64GB ( PHONE COMPANIES CALL IT ROM, LIKE IN THE THE ATTACHED PHOTO ). IF THE ROM CAPASITY IS 4- MB THEN WHAT IS THE DIFFERANCE BETWEEN ROM & INTERNAL STORAGE SIR.

Screenshot 2023-02-18 105419.png

Muhammed Salih

Muhammed Salih

CA Inter

14K+

18-Feb-23 11:37

Answers (3)

Best Answer

Nishan Gandhi

When a manufacturer says a device has "4GB RAM, 64GB ROM", they are referring to the amount of RAM and internal storage (often referred to as ROM) that the device has. RAM is used for temporary storage of data and is volatile, meaning its contents are lost when the device is turned off. On the other hand, internal storage is used for long-term storage of data, including the operating system and user files.

HI NISHAN. SORRY MY DOUBT IS NOT ABOUT RAM. IT IS ABOUT ROM - ROM is generally small and of low capacity ( SAY 4-8MB ), BUT IN PRODUCT DETAILS THEY MENTION ROM IS 64GB/128GB/256GB... I DON'T THINK THE ROM IS SAME TO INTERNAL STORAGE. I DON'T HAVE A CLARITY ON THAT. LET'S WAIT FOR MENTORS WORDS FOR HAVING A CLARITY ON THAT. THANKS

Muhammed Salih

Muhammed Salih

CA Inter

14K+

18-Feb-23 13:04

When a manufacturer says a device has "4GB RAM, 64GB ROM", they are referring to the amount of RAM and internal storage (often referred to as ROM) that the device has. RAM is used for temporary storage of data and is volatile, meaning its contents are lost when the device is turned off. On the other hand, internal storage is used for long-term storage of data, including the operating system and user files.

Nishan Gandhi

Nishan Gandhi

CA Inter

7K+

18-Feb-23 12:38

the term "ROM" in modern devices refers to the internal storage, which can have a capacity of 4GB to 64GB or more. It is different from the older ROM used in older devices, which had a much lower capacity. RAM is the volatile memory used for temporary storage of data and program code.

Sandeep Kumar

Sandeep Kumar

CA Inter

2K+

18-Feb-23 14:44

Individual Modules Offer
FR Reporting