News & Updates
- ₹2000 notes to be returned by Citizens to banks before 30th Sep, 2023
- Only ₹20000 ( i.e 10 notes) can be returned at a time
- Already a lot of notes have been withdrawn by the RBI through normal banking channels
- RBI Did a similar exercise in 2013 -14
- This is pursuant to the clean note policy of RBI
Check the RBI Press Release
Do we know for how long these pink notes will qualify as legal tender?
11th point members of public are encouraged to utilise the time up to 30th sept 2023
well that is for deposit or exchange only right? they didn't mention past that date these notes wont serve as legal tender. Also in point 4, they didn't mention for how long these will have the status of legal tender.
The time limit is for deposits and exchange only, no I thought after that time period you can neither exchange nor use it as a legal tender