The government has further extended the due date for furnishing of Income-Tax Returns.
- For taxpayers who need to get their accounts audited or furnish reports on specific domestic or international transactions, the deadline is now January 31, 2021.
- For other tax payers, it has been extended to December 31, 2020
- The government had earlier extended the deadline from July 31 to November 30.
- The due date for payment of self-assessment tax for taxpayers requiring audit has now been extended to January 31, 2021 and for others the date has been revised to December 31, 2020.
- The date for furnishing of various audit reports under the Income Tax Act, including tax audit report and report in respect of international/specified domestic transaction has also been extended to December 31, 2020 from the earlier extended deadline of October 31, 2020.