IndigoLearn

Forums

Time value of money

answered on 28-Sep-20

Not getting the answer ð??? how to solve this one

latest answer

Principal x 6/12 x 6.5% - Principal x 5/12 x 6.5% = 25.40 Principal x 6.5% x 1/12 x (6-5) = 25.40 Principal x 6.5% x 1/12 = 25.40 Principal = 25.40 x 12 /6.5% Principal = 4689.231

Roshan Zameer

Roshan Zameer

ACCA Professional

7K+

Ratios

answered on 04-Oct-20

In illustration 2 of the institute's textbook, I found the value of plant and machinery bought, I can't find the reason for my mistake . Can u please check and tell me,where did I go wrong? (In the picture)

latest answer

K , thanks sir

Swathi Krishna

Swathi Krishna

CA Inter

8K+

Rtp may2019-AS 19

answered on 28-Sep-20

How is this computation possible ? I didn't understand the logic behind this computation.

latest answer

The return for lessor is 10%. The lessor would get lease payments + unguaranteed residual value. The present value of lease payments + present value of unguaranteed residual value should be equal to the fair value.

Swathi Krishna

Swathi Krishna

CA Inter

8K+

AS19

answered on 28-Sep-20

In sale and leaseback, what is the logic(general) behind the amortisation of profits / loss ,as the case may be

latest answer

Sale and lease back is a structured transaction. I can sell the asset at a higher profit (above its fair value) and take it back on lease at a higher rental. Because i sold at a higher price, i will show higher profits. But the reality is that i will pay higher rent in future. So to ensure that profit and losses are reported properly, amortisation is done.

Swathi Krishna

Swathi Krishna

CA Inter

8K+

Time value of money

answered on 28-Sep-20

How to do this one

latest answer

Compute total interest per annum - 80+420 Compute total principal. 5000 Divide interest by principal. 500/5000

Roshan Zameer

Roshan Zameer

ACCA Professional

7K+

Points to icash

answered on 27-Sep-20

After burning points to icash, is there any time limit before which the icash should be used?

latest answer

iCash is valid for 1 year, iCash earned via burning points is valid for 6 months. Points are also valid only for 6 months. https://www.indigolearn.com/faq

vidhya ayyarappan

vidhya ayyarappan

CA Inter

4K+

Marginal cost

answered on 01-Oct-20

How to calculate total sales?

latest answer

Sorry (Total Sales - breakeven sales)/Breakeven Sales.

Chandra Maddi

Chandra Maddi

CMA Inter

1K+

Examination in depth vs test of controls

answered on 27-Sep-20

I m confused as what's the difference between Examination in depth and test of controls

latest answer

Examination in depth is also known as WALKTHROUGH.....means checking the authority and process of a transaction from beginning to end. Example: from the point of raw material requirement, purchase requisition, vendor selection,quotations,placing orders,checking quality of raw material,Issuing GRN,raising Bill's payable and finally payment. TEST OF CONTROLS means type of audit procedures that an auditor performs to check ROMM at assertion level to obtain evidence to choose the amount of substantive procedure to be performed throughout the audit.

Rakesh Prabhu

Rakesh Prabhu

CA Final

2K+

Registration

answered on 27-Sep-20

A person selling pan masala in telanga with turnover being 15 lakhs is registration required?

latest answer

Not required.

Shruthi V

Shruthi V

CA Inter

Champerty

answered on 27-Sep-20

What is champerty

latest answer

an illegal agreement in which a person with no previous interest in a lawsuit finances it with a view to sharing the disputed property if the suit succeeds.

Amit Mohapatra

Amit Mohapatra

CA Foundation

6K+

ACCA L2 I FR Classes I New Batch
CFA Demo
CFA Ad 2
Hiring Content
Meet Rajyalakshmi
Testimonials CA Inter May'22
CA Foundation Testimonials June 22
Past_Exams