Forums

Pres-Sales Activities

Information Systems

Can please explain this sentence "Pre sales activities includes prospecting of customers, identifying prospective customers"

Kumarjit Dey

Kumarjit Dey

CA Inter

4K+

19-Nov-20 00:19

Answers (4)

Best Answer

Enterprise IT companies have sales & pre sales teams. Sales team go and close a deal, pre sales teams scout the market to try and identify customers to whom sales teams can pitch. Eg: Say Infosys has developed a software for hospital management - pre sales teams will scout for list of hospitals which have old software that need an upgrade or have latest software of a competitor to whom they need not pitch and waste time - identify size, volume and requirements of potential customers and narrow down on a list of targets to who sales teams can go an pitch. They work in close conjunction with development and sales teams .

Sriram Somayajula

Sriram Somayajula

Admin

19-Nov-20 09:18

Kumarjit Dey

"Identifying prospective customers" I understood. But how is "prospecting of.." different from the words I quoted earlier, i.e., peospective.

Prospecting of customers is to do with the identification of prospective customers.

CA Suraj Lakhotia

CA Suraj Lakhotia

Admin

19-Nov-20 10:48

CA Suraj Lakhotia Admin

Prospecting of customers is to do with the identification of prospective customers.

Ok. So it is basically one in another. Got it.

Kumarjit Dey

Kumarjit Dey

CA Inter

4K+

19-Nov-20 13:30

Individual Modules Offer
FR Reporting