IndigoLearn

Pres-Sales Activities

Can please explain this sentence "Pre sales activities includes prospecting of customers, identifying prospective customers"

Kumarjit Dey

Kumarjit Dey

CA Inter

4K+

19-Nov-20 00:19

Answers (4)

Best Answer

Enterprise IT companies have sales & pre sales teams. Sales team go and close a deal, pre sales teams scout the market to try and identify customers to whom sales teams can pitch. Eg: Say Infosys has developed a software for hospital management - pre sales teams will scout for list of hospitals which have old software that need an upgrade or have latest software of a competitor to whom they need not pitch and waste time - identify size, volume and requirements of potential customers and narrow down on a list of targets to who sales teams can go an pitch. They work in close conjunction with development and sales teams .

Sriram Somayajula

Sriram Somayajula

Admin

19-Nov-20 09:18

"Identifying prospective customers" I understood. But how is "prospecting of.." different from the words I quoted earlier, i.e., peospective.

Prospecting of customers is to do with the identification of prospective customers.

Suraj Lakhotia

Suraj Lakhotia

Admin

19-Nov-20 10:48

Prospecting of customers is to do with the identification of prospective customers.

Ok. So it is basically one in another. Got it.

Kumarjit Dey

Kumarjit Dey

CA Inter

4K+

19-Nov-20 13:30