Forums

Sec 50 C

Direct Taxation

W.K.T,...... As per 1st and 2nd proviso to sec 50C, If date of agreement of transfer and actual date of transfer is different, Full value of consideration=Stamp duty value as on date of agreement provided part of consideration is paid as advance..... My doubt is, what will be full value of consideration if Sale consideration agreed is greater than Stamp duty value? Please clear my doubt.. thanks

ALDRIN G

ALDRIN G

CA Inter

12K+

31-Aug-21 11:48

Answers (6)

Best Answer

Actual sale consoderation

CA Suraj Lakhotia

CA Suraj Lakhotia

Admin

31-Aug-21 11:53

CA Suraj Lakhotia Admin

Actually why I asked was, in the video (Video no 43 of capital gains), Sir explained this concept with an example. In that example, sale consideration was greater than that of stamp duty value as on the date of agreement. That's why I asked this doubt. As per ur answer, I think that there may be a mistake in that video. Please clarify if the video is correct. Thank you

ALDRIN G

ALDRIN G

CA Inter

12K+

01-Sep-21 10:50

CA Suraj Lakhotia Admin

Actually why I asked was, in the video (Video no 43 of capital gains), Sir explained this concept with an example. In that example, sale consideration was greater than that of stamp duty value as on the date of agreement. But he told that Full value of consideration in that example was Stamp duty value (as on date of agreement). That's why I asked this doubt. As per ur answer, I think that there may be a mistake in that video. Please clarify if the video is correct. Thank you

ALDRIN G

ALDRIN G

CA Inter

12K+

01-Sep-21 10:52

Himanshu Somani

Looks like sir you've written the opposite:)

Thank you for the correction Himanshu Somani. If stamp duty value is greater than 110 percent of the consideration received, deemed consideration is the stamp duty value.

Yoga Vishnu

Yoga Vishnu

CA Final

11K+

01-Sep-21 17:27

Individual Modules Offer