Forums

The main problem with the lectures that I am encountering...

Others

There are lots of cuts in between lectures of the teachers, which are very understandable no matter how well they have been later stitched together with a video editing software. The disadvantage of this is that, the listener's attention gets distorted. In some cases, especially in Suraj Sir's SM lecture there are upto 3-4 cuts in 3-4 seconds. These are the moments which make me feel like the video editor has a harder job than the lecturers. I know theres not much that can be done now, since all the videos are uploaded, but please in future.. try to explain one topic in one go, without cuts. P.S.: This is just a genuine feedback from me. India needs more online coaching apps, especially for CA, and I want such apps to grow and sustain.

Kumarjit Dey

Kumarjit Dey

CA Inter

4K+

10-Apr-20 18:02

Answers (2)

Hi Kumar, Thanks a lot for your observations. We have taken it in the right spirit and shall work to improve our output. Let me also explain the reason why it ( your observation of cuts and jarring effect in editing) happens. When a faculty who is used to physical classes, starts teaching online classes, it takes them some time to adjust on the way they speak, the way they set the context and the way explain the subject. They take a lot of pauses and those have to be necessarily removed so that the output is crisp and clear. The unfortunate consequence of recording during this learning period is that sometimes the editing appears a bit jarred. In that adjustment period they have to continue to record, else the learning curve does not kick in. In the instant case, that you have highlighted , it took the faculty a few sessions to get fully adjusted. Usually we replace some of these chapters by getting the faculty to record again. Suraj has plans to re-record this chapter again but not immediately. On the aspect of recording the chapter at one go, it always happens in that way. Just that it does not happen on same day from morning to evening. Recording happens over a period of time. The point to note is that each faculty takes different period of time to get adjusted. Some are very quick and some take quite a few sessions. Also SM was recorded some time ago. Post SM we launched 5-6 more subjects and based on the cumulative experience that we as a team have gained, we have now started training the faculty, much more, at the pre-recording stage itself. The impact of such training will definitely be visible to you in other subjects as you go through them. All said and done, we take your feedback and shall work to get the best possible output for the students .

Sriram Somayajula

Sriram Somayajula

Admin

10-Apr-20 18:33

Good to hear this. More importantly, thanks for taking this in a positive spirit.

Kumarjit Dey

Kumarjit Dey

CA Inter

4K+

10-Apr-20 19:02

Individual Modules Offer
FR Reporting